« Resources »
The following are web links that should provide useful information and valuable resources about Veterans, the Navy and the Navy Reserve. This page is continuously updated with new links added as resources are found, reviewed and entered here.
New Financial Resources and Discounts for Military Families
New Top 50 military-friendly online colleges and universities
A great tool for planning on how much financing your business will take and the best ways to go about funding. I really liked the section on crowdfunding, because most people would never even consider this route.
A “how-to” guide for Vets on getting everything started in their entrepreneurial adventure. I thought it was more reader-friendly than others I've come across. It was independently written, so it did a great job at highlighting the best resources available and there's a bunch of opportunities I didn't know existed. Also has a helpful section on the most advantageous loans and grants available and how to seek them out and qualify.
For veterans going back to school after serving in the military the financial aid process can be very complex . This article from Maryville University can help to simplify the process and provide the exact steps needed to go back to school as a veteran.
The Recovery Village is an organization with locations across the country, dedicated to helping those struggling with substance abuse.
Vocational College Training Programs for Veterans.
Online Degree Programs for Military.
Motorcycle Relief Project brochure
Recall Report website about health and safety recalls
RX Dangers website
Medical Malpractice Center Because medical malpractice is still a growing concern for Veterans.
College Affordability Guide Helps students make informed decisions about paying for college.
More than 150 resources to help student veterans and their families overcome the challenges of higher education and career training.
DFAS on Facebook
Navy Facebook, Twitter, Navy Reserve magazine, Official U. S. Navy Blog and Tricare Facebook, Twitter sites
Navy Vets on Facebook Join other sailors and their families at NavyVets.com. Join your commands, find your reunion information, and keep up on the latest news and events.
U.S. Navy is on Facebook Welcome to the U.S. Navy's official page on Facebook
Navy Live U.S. Navy’s official blog sponsored by the Navy Office of Information
Tricare is on Facebook and Twitter
Navy News, Media and Sites of Interest:
Navy & Military Life:
- Navy Veterans A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America
- National Resource Directory The National Resource Directory (NRD) provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels that support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
- National Military Family Association The National Military Family Association’s primary goals are to educate military families concerning their rights, benefits, and services available to them. This Web site includes information and resources for deployment, education, family life, family member benefits, health care, and money management.
- Naval Sea Cadet Corps
- The Navy Fact File
- Military Connection Website offers the most comprehensive online directory of military resources and information.
- Military One Source
- Mesotheliomalawyercenter.org helping families like yours connect with leading mesothelioma lawyers in their area. Website
- Asbestos.net- Mesothelioma Justice Network at Asbestos.net provides educational resources, support, and information to anyone that may have questions about asbestos. . Website
- Mesothelioma.net provides information and resources. Website
- The Mesothelioma Center provides information on asbestos and the complications involved with being exposed to it. In addition to the articles on our site, we offer a patient advocate program to those in need.
Our patient advocates help find doctors, cancer centers, and assist with VA claims involving asbestos exposure. Click the graphic for more information.
- Welcome to the Mesothelioma Group. We are a new organization providing up-to-date support and information to mesothelioma patients and others affected by the disease.
Click the graphic for more information.